This toll-gate on the Haddonfield and Camden Turnpike was located next to what today is the recently closed Dominican Monastery of the Holy Rosary. The photo was taken from what is now a parking lot for Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center. The Haddonfield-Camden Turnpike is now called Haddon Avenue. It was established as a turnpike in 1839. The county took over ownership of the road in 1893.